Friday, August 12, 2022
HomeSportsNovak Djokovic latest updates: World No 1’s Australian Open fate decided

Novak Djokovic latest updates: World No 1’s Australian Open fate decided

Novak Djokovic: Why were tennis stars denied entry to Australia? What will happen next?

Novak Djokovic has appealed to the Australian Circuit’s decision to refuse a visa prior to the Australian Open. The Australian government tried to delay the trial by 48 hours, but Judge Anthony Kelly’s court order stated that the trial was “biasedly rejected” and that the case would be heard on Monday at 10 am.

The case focused on whether the Australian Government and border forces made a mistake in handling Djokovic’s visa and their decision to revoke it. Serbs claimed to meet the medical exemption requirements because they were infected with Covid-19 in December. After a long testimony, Judge Kelly moved to abandon the original decision and ordered the 34-year-old boy to be immediately released from detention.

Djokovic has been detained at a quarantine hotel in Melbourne since Thursday, but is allowed to leave to see these procedures elsewhere with the legal team and is allowed to enter Australia. Follow all the latest news and reactions from Djokovic’s hearing below.

1641797237

Why Djokovic won his proceeding

As expected, his experience at Djokovic’s airport upon arrival in Australia was key to his case.

Judge Kelly does not give Djokovic enough time to respond after informing him of their intention not to give Djokovic the best visa in the world that he cannot contact his or legal agents. I decided that it was.

The government has admitted to ending their proceedings.

Djokovic is free to enter Australia until further intervention from the authorities. The Australian Open is a week away.

Ben BurrowsJanuary 10, 2022 06:47

1641804431

Tennis players should be vaccinated

Former tennis star Roger Taylor said he believes that athletes traveling around the world should be vaccinated.

A court document provided at the hearing confirmed that Djokovic was not vaccinated with the Covid vaccine, so he relied on having the virus to invade Australia. Djokovic won the appeal early today with treatment at the Melbourne airport.

“Everything is technical and a mistake made by border forces,” he told Sky. “The decision on whether he should play with or without vaccination is not clear. As far as I am concerned, I believe in vaccination. I am vaccinated. I play tennis all over the world. I think anyone traveling in Japan needs to be vaccinated. “

Sarah RendellJanuary 10, 2022 08:47

1641803864

When did Djokovic test positive?

Hearings confirmed that Djokovic was positive on December 16th. So when he attended the event on December 17th, he had Covid.

Photos that come to light on social media cannot see the world. One maskless person at the event. This suggests that the star broke the rules because he should have been quarantined at home.

Sarah RendellJanuary 10, 2022 08:37

1641803509

Nick Kyrgios tested positive for Covid to question the appearance of the Australian Open

“Hello everyone. I just want to be open and transparent to everyone,” Kyrgios wrote in an Instagram story.

“The reason I had to withdraw from Sydney was because I had a positive COVID test. I’m fine now with no symptoms.

“We wish you all the best of luck and would like you to ensure your safety as much as possible.

“If all goes well, see you at the Australian Open.”

Jack RathboneJanuary 10, 2022 08:31

1641803333

Djokovic: Arrest Report

There are reports suggesting that Djokovic has been arrested because the Australian Immigration Minister will take four hours to re-cancel his visa. Djokovic won his claim to stay in Australia early today, but was able to meet with further government intervention.

The latest unconfirmed information is that law enforcement is in Djokovic’s lawyer’s office.

As it evolves, we’ll discuss this in more detail.

Sarah RendellJanuary 10, 2022 08:28

1641803243

Novak Djokovic waiting at a law firm in Melbourne’s CBD

Novak Djokovic is believed to be in the CBD Tower above the King Street parking lot on the west side of Melbourne’s CBD.

According to The Sydney Morning Herald, his lawyer is in his Melbourne office, with about 12 Victorian police officers and a few private security guards.

Jack RathboneJanuary 10, 2022 08:27

1641802902

Novak Djokovic was “arrested” after winning an appeal on a visa, his father says

Novak Djokovic was arrested according to his father, Suljan Djokovic.

The Serbs are in his law firm and 7NEWS Melbourne reports that he will be re-arrested.

The Minister of Immigration reserves the right to call Djokovic’s visa at his discretion and takes over from the Minister of Interior who is proceeding with the proceedings.

Jack RathboneJanuary 10, 2022 08:21

1641802757

Djokovic wins appeal

World No. 1 Novak Djokovic won his claim to stay in Australia and was decided to treat him when he arrived in Melbourne.

Authorities could further prevent him from staying in the country, and the latest reports suggest he was arrested. The news has not been confirmed yet.

If Djokovic stays, he has a week to prepare for the Australian Open starting January 17th. We aim to win the 21st Grand Slam, which is a record for men’s tennis.

Sarah RendellJanuary 10, 2022 08:19

1641802249

Novak Djokovic positive Covid test date and vaccination status confirmed

Novak Djokovic confirmed that he had been tested positive for Covid-19 twice and was not vaccinated against border forces in an interview from a document on visa appeals.

Djokovic claimed to have tested positive for Covid-19 on 16 December and returned a negative test on 22 December.

Interviewer: So the interview will resume at 5:20 am. Okay-I’ve already provided you with a notice of intent to consider canceling, and the moment you need-what you advised me is that you need rest and up to 8 / 8.30 is. And that’s when you can talk to your lawyer again.

Interviewer: And get some more information.

Interviewer: I talked to my boss, so that’s perfectly fine. My boss is happy ——

Interviewer: —- For you to rest. So, do you have any other questions?

Djokovic: So far, I have no more questions.

Interviewer: So I’m going to finish the shift, so this case will be handed over to another team. Another case officer will come out and talk to you. They introduce themselves —-

Referee Anthony Kelly Interviewer 2 came at 6:07 am and said that Djokovic was unresponsive, claiming that the transaction was “updated” and “may make a decision based on the information currently at hand.” It states.

The interviewer then tells Djokovic that he will be transferred to the hotel by the government contractor Serco.

DJOKOVIC: Well, as I said before, I’m surprised that there isn’t enough information about why the independent medical committee in Victoria granted medical exemptions. Criteria for entering Australia based on the criteria you set if you haven’t read me on the paper, that is, have encountered or tested the Covid PCR test in the last 6 months. Providing a negative PCR test and a sufficient amount of antibody grants access, which is exactly what happened throughout the process. So we provided-I provided a medical document, on November 16th I was positive in PCR, PCR test positive COVID-19, 22nd I was negative. I sent a blood analysis of the antibody, had enough, was granted access to Australia, and received a document from the federal government supporting my medical tax exemption and travel declaration.

Interviewer: Okay. Is there anything else you would like to add?

Jack RathboneJanuary 10, 2022 08:10

1641802163

Novak Djokovic was reportedly arrested after winning a visa appeal

According to his father, Novak Djokovic was reportedly arrested.

Serbian players were released from detention early today after winning an appeal for visa cancellation.

And now, the report suggests that Djokovic was arrested.

Jack RathboneJanuary 10, 2022 08:09