Sunday, August 14, 2022
HomeUKThe Prince of Wales' Charitable Fund accepted donation from Osama bin Laden's...

The Prince of Wales’ Charitable Fund accepted donation from Osama bin Laden’s family | UK News

The Prince of Wales Charity Fund accepted donations from the Osama bin Laden family in 2013.

According to The Sunday Times, Prince Charles met al-Qaeda’s founder’s half-brother Bakul in London and agreed to accept £ 1m.

The report claims that some of the closest advisers to the senior royal family urged Charles to return the money.

Clarence House denies Prince Charles’ personal involvement and tells Sky News:

“The decision to accept was made solely by the councilor of the charity, otherwise the attempt to characterize it is wrong.”

Meanwhile, the Prince of Wales Charitable Foundation added: “The 2013 Sheikh Bakurubin Laden donation was carefully considered by the then PWCF councilor.

“Due diligence was carried out in search of information from a wide range of sources, including the government. All decisions to accept donations were made by the trustee. Attempts to suggest otherwise are misleading. , Inaccurate. “

Osama bin Laden was behind the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, killing nearly 3,000 people in the United States.

The Sunday Times claims that Charles’ meeting with Saudi Arabia’s wealthy family patriarch, Bakur, took place two years after Osamabin Radin was killed by US special forces in Pakistan.

The newspaper reported that the donation was accepted despite the opposition of the adviser-one of them said that having money “wouldn’t be good for everyone.”

The Prince of Wales Charitable Foundation was founded in 1979 and grants grants to UK-registered nonprofits for projects in the United Kingdom, the Commonwealth and other countries.

This is not the first time PWCF’s activities have been scrutinized.

Earlier this year, The Sunday Times reported that Prince Charles had received a cash-filled suitcase as a charitable donation from the former Prime Minister of Qatar.

Between 2011 and 2015, Sheikh Hamad bin Jasim bin Javert al-Tani personally handed over three lots to the prince for a total of € 3 million.

The palace once denied giving the prince a million euros allegedly put in a carry bag from Fortnum & Mason, a luxury food store that has a royal license to provide groceries to the royal family. Is not …

Clarence House claims that all the right process was done with respect to donations-and senior palace sources later said Prince Charles would accept a bag of cash for his charity. “It won’t happen again”..

Charity Commission at the beginning of July Said It would take no further action on the donation-it added that there was “no concern” about the rule of the prince’s charity, and the trustee submitted information through a serious case report.

There was no suggestion that these payments were illegal, but the republic of the anti-monarchy campaign group said it had written to the Charity Commission to request an investigation.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments